Install Keap Mobile to your iOS or Android device
Access your Keap Business Line (available in US and Canada) voicemails through the Keap Mobile. You get your own Keap Business Line voicemail inbox allowing you to separate work and personal voicemails.
- You must have Keap Business Line enabled to use this feature
- You must enable access to contacts if you have not already
- To enable this feature we will ask for permission to access your contacts.
- Providing access will come up when you navigate to the communications section of the app
Default voicemail greeting
Your Keap Business Line's default voicemail greeting is: "Please leave your message for [your KBL number] after the beep."
Recording a Voicemail Greeting
- To set up a custom voicemail greeting, navigate to the app settings (gear icon)
- Tap on Messaging and phone
- Tap on Voicemail greeting
- Tap on + Add a custom voicemail greeting
- If this is your first time setting up your voicemail greeting, the app will ask you for permission to get access to your microphone so it can record the voicemail greeting. Tap on OK to give access.
- You can name your greeting by tapping in the Greeting name field and changing the name
- Tap on the microphone button to start recording
- Record your voicemail greeting
- Tap on Stop. You can listen to the greeting.
- You can re-record the greeting by tapping on Re-record
- Once you are done tap on the Back button and you'll see your new custom greeting
- You can switch between custom greetings or the default greeting by tapping on the checkbox next to the greeting name
Receiving a Voice Message
- When you miss a call, your contact will hear your Keap voicemail.
Note: If you reject the call, your Keap Business Line caller will be sent to your phone's voicemail.
- Once a voice message is completed, you will get a push notification informing you of the missed call and the new voice message
- If you tab on the push notification for a voicemail, you will be linked to the details of the voicemail and call. On this page, you can listen to the recording and read the voice message transcription.
Accessing your voice messages
Any voice message that is received will show up in the call history. To view your call history:
- Navigate to the Communications tab
- Tap on the Unread tab to access new voicemails or open communication thread with the contact who left you a voicemail
- The voicemail will be included in your communication thread. You can choose to playback the voicemail or read Keap's transcription
Listening to and reading your voice message
- To listen to a voice message, simply tap on the Play button
- To listen to it on speakerphone tap on the speaker icon
- To view the full transcription tap on Read More
I received a call to my Keap Business Line but the voicemail still went to my regular phone number's voicemail. Why did it not work?
If a Keap Business Line phone call is declined, Keap is not able to send the call to your Keap Business Line voicemail. To ensure you get voice messages to your Keap Business Line, do not decline a call coming to your Keap number.
Can I delete a voicemail?
No, you cannot delete a voicemail.
Do I have a limit on how many voice messages get saved?