The new email builder is available by default when setting up a new broadcast email. It is also available when adding an email to a sequence in Advanced Automation. Note that in both cases, you will still be able to access the previous Email Builder.
- Select whether you want to Start from scratch, create a Simple Text email, or select a template
- Note that if you are going to choose a pre-made template, that you can filter by industry and usage.
- Create your broadcast by adding, removing, and modifying the content and formatting of your message
- Click the Mobile button to edit your broadcast for mobile devices
- Note that you can send yourself a test email while creating your email template
- Click Next - Send
- Select which Keap user the broadcast will be sent from
- Select individual contacts or tags for your broadcast's audience
- Enter a subject line
- Enter preview text
- Note that you can send yourself a test to take a look at the final result before sending the broadcast
Email broadcast content
You can use various types of content and formatting in your email broadcasts. These include:
- HTML blocks
- Social media information
- Appointment Booking
You can edit images within Keap's broadcast builder. First begin creating your email broadcast, then follow the steps below.
- Select an image in your broadcast
- Click Apply Effects & More
- Use the tools to edit your image
- Click Save to apply your changes
Known Limitations and estimated fix dates
Partners Note: Content Publishing is currently being worked on in Q4 for Email Templates. Templates created in the new builder will not be able to be exported/pushed as part of a Campaign to other apps.
Template migration - can I use existing templates in the new builder?
Currently no, but we have a project in progress to automatically migrate existing templates to the new builder. This is not a small lift and communications will be sent throughout Q4.
If I have a new user that I share a Campaign that uses templates from existing builders will it still work?
Yes. Even though by default the existing builder is not in the Control Panel in a Campaign Sequence any Email Flow Items on the Canvas will automatically open and be editable in the builder it was created in. So effectively we are simply hiding the Builder rather than removing it.
Hosted File Download is missing
This was a missed requirement and is being expedited now - will be added in Q4
Tagging a contact that clicked a link is missing
This was known and is on the backlog for adding in Q4
Sending from a custom address is not available
This was deliberate as this had the potential for spoofed/fraudulent emails to be sent. We are working on implementing this around sending from a domain associated with the app - more to follow.
AB Testing is missing
Usage stats showed less than 1% of Keap Pro/Max users use this. We are researching why this is a low utilized feature and will update when the findings are complete. This is a large effort to implement and if there are usability/discovery issues then we will address these before implementing. This is something we currently plan to add into the Max Classic edition (as usage is much higher).
Where are global fonts/settings?
Font type and other globals can be found in the ‘Body’ section in the right had navigation bar
What is Line 1, Line 2… Line 5 in the Contact Merge Fields?
Line 1 and 2 are the Billing Address and Apt/Suite/Other fields off the Contact Record respectively. Lines 3,4 and 5 are not used. This is a defect and will be fixed ASAP.
Where are Campaign Merge fields in Campaign Builder?
Campaign merge fields are not selectable in the builder but will resolve. If you copy them from another (old builder) template or type them in, they will resolve. This is on our backlog.
Custom merge fields are not supported
This is to be added in Q4