Tags are searchable labels that are used to segment contacts. They can be updated automatically as part of an automation sequence or be manually updated by a Keap user. Tags can be applied to individual contact records or through a batch action on a list of contacts.
Be Careful! The goals based on tag updates are considered satisfied whenever a tag is applied: by a user, by the system, or by the API. The related sequence(s) will begin even if the contact was not in in any previous part of the campaign. Make sure your users can easily identify the tags you use as goal methods by assigning them to a unique tag category and be sure to train them so they know what happens when the tag is used. The tag is applied goal is not retroactive; previous contacts with the tag will not satisfy the goal.
When a tag is used to satisfy a goal, the related sequence begins as soon as the tag is applied and the sequence does not stop when the tag is removed due to user error.
- Click on Automations in the left-hand menu.
- Click the + button to create a new automation and choose Advanced Automation.
- Name your automation and click Save.
- Click and Drag the Tag applied goal onto the canvas.
- Name your tag goal and double-click the it to finish setup.
- Search for an existing tag or create a new one.
- Search for an existing tag by name and click on the name select it.
Pro Tip! If you assign more than one tag to this goal, the goal is considered satisfied when ANY ONE of the tags is applied to a contact.
- Click Save.
- Publish your changes.