By default, all pages hosted by Keap have a URL that ends with infusionsoft.net. For example, https://29jfwi.landingpages.net/your-page-name, which are automatically secure by SSL.
If you would like contacts to reach your landing pages through your existing business domain, you can either make changes to your DNS records or use an iframe to embed into your website.
Create a new subdomain on your server
You can point your own subdomain to the landing page so that the URL retains your own branding instead of the default infusionsoft.net URL.
A subdomain is a unique prefix to your business domain. For example, In the URL help.keap.com, "help" is a subdomain of the keap.com domain.
Most web hosts make it easy to create subdomains and manage your DNS settings. Here is an article for setting up a subdomain with GoDaddy. Note that setting up a subdomain will differ depending on your domain provider, but usually its as easy as entering your preferred subdomain prefix and clicking Save. And here is a video showing how to set up the necessary CNAME and TXT record for an existing subdomain.
Steps to configure your custom domain
- From within the Landing Page editor, click the Continue button in the upper right hand corner.
- In the Custom Domains section enter your custom subdomain and click Connect.
- Create two new DNS records (Record types of TXT and CNAME) on your domain host using the information provided. The Value for the TXT needs to reflect your application ID. infusionsoft-site-verification=APPID.
When creating your CNAME record, only add your subdomain to the Name/Host field. For example, if the custom domain is "support.keap.com", you would add "support" to the Name/Host field.
- After the DNS record is created, click Click here to check the status of your DNS record. It can take 24-48 hours for your changes to take effect and for the internet to realize that a change was made.
- Once the DNS record is verified click Link Custom Domain
Configuring your domain with Registrar
- Following the video instructions above, you will have created a 'subdomain' as a 'CNAME' record pointing to 'pages.infusionsoft.net'
- If you want your Landing Page to be the main page on your domain, then you will need to configure a 301 permanent redirect from the apex or root domain to the sub domain above.
- This prevents users from having to explicitly type the latter and will prevent search engines from creating colliding canonical URLs.
- DNS settings for this setup would look something like this:
'@ forwards 301 to www'
'www CNAME yourapp.infusionsoft.com'
Please note that Keap has no control of your domain's settings and cannot provide assistance with DNS changes. Once DNS changes are made, it may take up to 24-48 hours for changes to propagate. For any troubleshooting assistance, please contact your web developer and/or domain registrar.
You can also embed your published landing page on your site via an iframe
- Publish your landing page
- Click the Embed tab
- Copy your embed code
- Paste the copied code to any page of your website or share the code with your web developer
When creating a different Subdomain for a second Landing Page, you do not need to create the TXT Domain a second time. Only create the CNAME for the new Subdomain.