Import your csv file
Before you import, make sure that your data is in CSV (comma delimited) file format and that they have been properly prepared.
- Click Contacts from the left-hand panel
- Click the Import button
- Click to upload or simply drag your file and drop into the Import window
Match your CSV column names (a) to your Keap fields (b)
Fields outlined in red indicate that no fields in Keap were found to match your CSV column name.
- Duplicate Contact checking based on the email address and will happen automatically; contacts with the same email address will not get imported twice.
- Contact info is updated/replaced when importing CSVs with an existing email address
- You can locate a drop down item in field mapping by typing the word of the field that you want to map i.e. You want to quickly find "tags" you can start typing it with the drop down open and will be taken to that part of the list.
The last step is to indicate if you have Explicit permission to send marketing emails.
- If you do have permission check Yes (Make sure to review the Acceptable Use Policy)
- If you do not have permission check No (You can send emails directly through the contact record but wouldn't be able to send bulk emails from an Email Broadcast or Campaign sequence) until your contact opts in.
You can automatically tag contacts upon import by either choosing an existing tag or creating a new one on-the-fly.
Click Finish Import when you're done
Click the View contacts to pull up your imported list of contacts
Pro-Tip! By clicking "View contacts" you can then quickly send a broadcast or add to a campaign. To learn more, click here