No two businesses are alike. With a custom internal use form, you can add fields that are specific to your business process, allowing you to capture all the essential details when adding a new contact. Design your form with the right fields for accuracy and efficiency.
How to create a smart form
Navigate to Settings
Select Smart Forms
Click Create Form
Note: On the right side it will show a preview of the form. The preview will look likes it's loading information but it actually only loads as you add information.
- Name your form
Optional - add a description to help other you and others understand the purpose of the form
Click the "Add Fields" located on the top right hand corner
Select fields you want on the form. Note: The form auto-saves
Click to view larger
1. Click the arrow icon to the right of the field to add Help Text. Add help text to any field to provide directions or clarification to the users who will fill out this form
2. Click the ellipses to access the toggle to make the help text always visible
If Helper text Toggle is on, the Helper Text will display below the field.
If the Helper text toggle is left off, an information icon will populate on the form next to the field and will show the Helper text when hovered over.
Form Fields are only found on the Smart Form, and NOT on the contact record. You can create unlimited Form Fields for your Smart Forms, and the information you gather in Form Fields on a Smart Form can trigger and direct automation in the campaign builder.
1. To add a Form Field to your smart form, scroll to the bottom of the drop down to the Form Fields section.
2. Select Checkbox and fill in the field. When the Smart Form is used to add a new contact, multiple boxes can be checked.
3. When the Checkbox Form Field is used, multiple boxes can be checked when adding a contact.
4. When a Select Form Field is used, A drop down is created and only one selection can be made from the choices on the drop down.
5. When the Radio Form Field is used, only one Radio selection can be made when adding a contact.
6. Click the "Save and Exit" in the upper right hand corner of the page save your work and exit out of the builder
This takes you to the Smart Forms page with the newly created Smart form added to your list.
Adding a New Contact: How to use your Smart Form
- Click Add a contact at the top of any page
2. Select the name of the smart form you want to use
3. Fill in the data fields and Click "Save" to add the contact
Updating an existing contact with a Smart Form
- Find and open the contact record
- Click the Forms button
- Choose your smart form
- Click the Update contact button