Which email products are supported?
- Exchange Online
- Office 365
Pro-Tip! If you are syncing a Microsoft email, your email must be hosted by Microsoft. It is possible to use an email not hosted by Microsoft in applications such as Microsoft Outlook, so double-check where your email is hosted if you encounter errors with a Microsoft email.
How it works
- Every correspondence you send from or receive to your Microsoft email account will appear on the Email tab of the Contact Record.
One way sync
- Emails you send from Keap won't sync back to your Microsoft email account but it is recorded in the Activity and Email tab of the contact record.
Identify synced emails
- Easily identify emails that were sent by you through your Microsoft email account or emails you received from your contact, by the time stamp. Also, green envelopes indicates an email sent from the Contact.
Attachments sent from Microsoft will be shown but not opened.
Contact's main email
- The contact record consists of one main email field and two additional email fields, which are located under "Additional info". Emails sent to and/or received from email address 2 and/or 3 will not be included in the email sync history. Only emails sent to the contact’s main email address, or received from that address, will sync in Keap.
- The email history starts from the moment you enable the sync. Any emails sent before the sync will not be shown in the email history.
How to set up
- Go to Settings located in the top right drop down
- Click integrations card
- Click 'Enable'
- Sign into your account
- Allow access
Determine if your Outlook account is hosted by Microsoft Exchange
- Open Outlook and click the File tab.
- Click Account Settings and select Account Settings...
- In the pop-up box E-mail tab, the account names and types are listed for each account.
How often do email inboxes sync?
Email inboxes do not sync at set intervals. The system checks for opportunity to sync every 5 to 10 minutes. The sync occurs shortly after an account sends or receives an email related to a contact in the Keap app. If there is nothing to sync it indicates "last synced x days ago" which is the last time it found an email to sync. The status “Pending” means no emails have been synced yet . Once you send or receive an email from one of your contacts it will update to “Active”.
Which email fields does this tool sync with?
The contact's primary email field only. Other email fields or custom fields will not be synced.
Which email accounts do not work?
All Microsoft accounts except for Exchange servers will work with Email Sync.
Can I remove emails after I have synced an inbox?
To remove all emails from a synced inbox, navigate to Settings > Mail Accounts and disconnect the email address. Then select the checkbox to erase the email history.
Are attachments synced to my Keap account?
No, email attachments are not included in the email sync. Only the email content is synced.
Where can I see synced emails in my Keap app?
Emails display in a client’s Contact Record email tab and the Recent Email History section on the main page of the Contact record.
Can I sync multiple emails to my Keap account?
Yes, you can sync multiple email accounts to one Keap account, even if they are from the same email provider. Please note that adding an excessive number of email accounts can result in performance issues in the app.
Does Email Sync also sync information from my calendar?
No, Email Sync for Microsoft and Gmail does not sync calendar appointments.
Is my entire email history synced when I set up email sync?
No, only emails received after syncing are imported. Past emails do not sync.
I don’t want my email to continue to sync. Can I stop the email sync?
Yes, you can disconnect an email inbox to stop the email sync. Navigate to Settings > Mail Accounts and disconnect the email address.
Will emails sent from Keap sync to my external email account?
No, emails sent from Keap are not synced to your external email account. Email sync only affects emails sent or received by a Microsoft or Gmail account that is linked to Keap.
Which emails will sync from my Microsoft/Microsoft/Gmail email account?
Only emails that are sent to or from a contact in your Keap account will sync.
Will a new contact be created for emails from addresses not listed in Keap?
No, emails from addresses that do not belong to a contact in your app will not sync.
Can all users see a contact’s email history, regardless of which user added it to the account?
Yes, all users are able to see a contact’s email history, regardless of which user added it to the account.
In the contact record, it says my emails last synced 5 minutes ago. I see all the emails from my Gmail accounts, but not one I just sent from my Microsoft account.
The last synced status refers to the most recent inbox that was synced. In order to see exactly when each inbox was last synced, navigate to Settings > Mail Accounts.