When obtaining consent on a web form or landing page, you'll need to know how to apply a tag when someone checks a box, then submits the form.
Apply a tag to a web form checkbox
- Drag a Checkbox snippet below the opt-in fields, above the submit button.
- Click the Tag icon
- Select the Informed Consent tag you created earlier.
Warning! Do not pre-check the box. Pre-checked forms are not GDPR compliant.
- Make this a required field
- When you are done, go back to the canvas and republish your automation.
- If you are using one of the HTML versions, you'll need to update the code on your website.
Add a Tag to a Landing Page Checkbox
- On your landing page form, click the Add Virtual Field button and choose Checkbox.
- Now, click on your new Virtual Field
- Make this required so that all contacts that enter from this landing page have shown informed consent.
- Scroll down and enter the informed consent tag you created earlier.
- When you are finished, republish the landing page.